We create Virtual Tours of Hotels, Guest Houses, Lodges and Bed & Breakfast establishments in South Africa. As a leading Virtual Tour Provider in South Africa for the past 5 years, we produce 360 degree panoramic imagery of the highest quality!
"A Virtual Tour is an excellent online marketing tool "
Hotels, restaurants, shopping malls and many others have found online virtual tours to be a very powerful marketing tool. This is because visitors to your website can feel as though they are really visiting your establishment by merely viewing your full screen 360 degree virtual tour!
Virtual Tours have proven to be a powerful marketing tool for Hotels, Guest Houses, businesses, attractions and property. A 360 Virtual Tour allows visitors to your website to walk around your property, as though they were really there. View each room room, and explore the views, and feel the ambiance of public and outside areas. High quality Virtual Tours have proven to increase visitor time on site, and well as conversion rates, and guests often comment on how the Virtual Tour helped them find the accommodation that suited their tastes and needs.
Why is 360 degree video marketing so effective?
In this technological age when video content is everywhere on the Internet, using 360 degree videos can provide the significant marketing advantage your company needs to effectively attract, engage and retain members of your desired target audiences.
Think about it. With a solid Internet connection and the click of a mouse, anyone can instantly access video content on any number of sites, including YouTube, iTunes, Hulu and Netfix, to name a few—and the proliferation of video content is just beginning. In fact, estimates are that 90 percent of all Internet traffic by 2014 will be in the form of videos. You need a differentiator that sets your videos apart from all others. BigLook360’s video production expertise does just that, by engaging viewers in a memorable way that uniquely promotes your message and brand image, like no traditional media can.
The concept behind 360 degree, immersive media is simple. While traditional videos provide only one angle of reference, a 360 degree video enables viewers to take an active role in selecting the angles they see. Using the mouse to click and drag anywhere within the frame of the video, viewers can look up, down, left, right, or completely around within the footage, just as if they were standing right there in the middle of the action.
Whether watching a live event, a virtual tour, an interactive training session or a custom marketing message, giving your audience and potential customers complete control of their viewing experience is full of the “wow” factor that’s hard to forget. The interactivity and immersive nature of 360 degree technology provides your market with:
An increased sense of realism;
More in-depth information to impact the decision-making process;
The ability to explore inaccessible places or environments;
The chance to respond to meaningful situations;
An opportunity to receive complex information in useful ways that feel completely natural;
Improved information retention; and
A reason to view the video more than once.
With an immersive media like 360 degree video, you are able to deliver your message and build your brand in a unique way, where the viewer is in control. The ability to watch from completely different views helps audiences gather new information, increasing their overall engagement, each and every time.
Add Video to Your Marketing Mix
compelling reasons why you need video – right here, right now!
- Google loves video! And not just because they own YouTube. Video puts your SEO on steroids. With video, you can dramatically improve your search engine rankings.
- Video is personal. You can enhance your know, like and trust factor very quickly by appearing on video. Let your customers get to know you by seeing and hearing you.
- Video is "now". Got an idea or a message? Then you can make a video instantly and be online in minutes.
- YouTube rocks With an audience of 85 million viewers, YouTube is the place to be seen online. Not only is YouTube now the 4th most popular website on the Internet, it’s also the 2nd biggest search engine.
- Product video manual. Instead of handing them a lengthy installation manual, customers can play a video on your site and learn how to set up your product.
- It’s cheap. You can do it yourself with a cheap digital video camera or even a cellphone that has a video camera built in. You could also tap your local high school, community college or community radio station for talent to help you create low-cost but better-quality video.
- It builds your search results. Google has added content such as blogs, video and images to what their engine indexes and returns in search. Recently, the company said such content is returned in one of every four searches.
- Video gives you worldwide exposure, 24/7. Having videos online increases your visibility across the globe. Let your video work for you while you sleep.
- It promotes your products or services. For retailers, what’s more likely to make a sale – a static picture on your Web site of your chain saw, or a video that shows how quickly it can cut down trees? If you’re a service business, video allows you to interest prospects by offering free samples of your trainings or seminars.
- It’s easy. New gadgets like the Flip Video camera and the new iPhone 3G with Video make it easier than ever to capture and upload video. Both the Flip and the iPhone let you upload directly to YouTube.
- Video is here to stay. Video is past the trend stage and is already a mainstream marketing tool. If you don’t have video in your marketing mix you are losing ground to competitors who have and missing out on market share.
- Video accelerates the sales process! The best news of all about adding video to your marketing mix is that it greatly accelerates the sales process. People buy from brands they know, like and trust – and video can rapidly speed that process. That means more customers, more quickly, and more sales, revenue and profit!
- Audience Reach: That audience is now larger than the base of social media users. It’s three times larger than those who have listened to a podcast, and five times larger than those who use Twitter.
- It attracts visual learners. As we’ve all learned in recent years, different people learn in different ways. Some people learn best by seeing things demonstrated rather than reading or listening to someone talk about it. Adding video allows you to better reach visually-oriented customers.
Youtube and Social Media Statistics
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 53 countries and across 61 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you're interested in — whether it's a friend, or the NBA — and keep up with their activity on the site
Mobile and Devices
- 25% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices
- People watch one billion views a day on YouTube mobile
- YouTube is available on 400 million devices
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011
Video (youtube) on Social Media Sites
- The rise of Facebook, Twitter and other social networks has accelerated the growth of YouTube as it enables discovery and sharing of online video.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average
- There are 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link
- Millions of subscriptions to YouTube happen each day. (Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site)
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- Millions of videos are favorited every day
Video as a marketing platform for in the Accommodation sector. Like - Hotels, Guest Houses, B&B Resorts, and Spa's
A picture is worth a thousand words, and online hotel videos can help your property capture more guests.
With the constant expansion of online marketing,hotels. guest houses, B&B's and resorts have quickly discovered the impact that video can have on the amount ofguests in their rooms and most importantly,on their bottom line
One of the most viral and engaging means to market to visitors is through the use of online video. Watching a video of a hotel before checking in has such great value. The travel industry has been leading other industries in how it leverages rich media with consumer facing sites becoming richer and richer with video to attract and retain the online travel consumer. Video has also been reported as increasing conversion rates by up to 85%. But as online video moves from being the exception to the norm more innovative marketing and spend will be required. Here we introduce video marketing as a tool for hotels and resorts to increase awareness, generate buzz and boost bookings.
In an increasingly visual world, it’s imperative for brands to think outside of the box in order to differentiate themselves from competitors and stay ahead of the curve. Hotels in particular are able to do this in a unique way, since every hotel has some sort of defining quality that sets it apart from others.
Introducing Video Marketing for Accommodation Services
Hotel and tourism industries are embracing digital marketing methods wholeheartedly. Many hotels and resorts are using authentic, compelling and informative video content to entice travelers and truly convey the holiday experience to online visitors. Offering a video of your hotel or destination can be what sets you apart from other accommodation services and drives your bookings. Video conveys visual and emotional touch points, which are present in almostevery travel offering. With the constant expansion of Internet advertising, hotel and resorts have quickly discovered the impact that online promotion with video can have on the amount of
guests in their rooms.
With a well-designed and easy to navigate website, a few video tours of your hotel or resort and a visual profile of your business, you could definitely see an increase in bookings and negate the need for reduced-priced booking sites like Hotwire, which directly commission from your hotel rooms that are vacant during hot times of the year.
Use Hotel Virtual and video marketing:
When you compare two hotels in the same city on any travel website and they’re both priced the same per night but one displays photos, virtual tours and videos (that effectively inspire and tell that hotel’s story) and the other only displays photos, which hotel is more appealing to you? Research proves it is the hotel using video marketing with virtual tours and videos.
By adding videos to your online hotel listings, you’ll be able to give online travel shoppers more information about your hotel and influence their booking decisions.
What are consumers looking for when they book a hotel?
The average visitor is seeking value and cleanliness, which is easy to describe yet hard to prove without graphic evidence. Posting a video via Flickr or YouTube, or embedded on your website gives added value to the descriptive words used to describe the hotel rooms and features. People greatly prefer watching video over reading text for its ability to engage and this spans just about every industry. When it comes to engagement, online video is 5.33 times more effective than text. In fact, site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% closer to book.
Utilizing Online Video & sites like YouTube
More and more professionals in the tourism industry are using mediums like YouTube to visually tell their stories and present their businesses. Sites like these offer a cost-effective and easy way to post video footage that brings holidays to life for consumers. YouTube and other sources of online video footage are increasingly competing with the traditional marketing methods like brochures as a way for visitors to research their holiday options.
More Accommodation Clips
Online Tourism as Marketing for Travel and Tourism Industry
Video can be a highly effective way of attracting customers for destinations and tourism attractions.
Video marketing is the next big thing for travel and tourism online marketing. Applying right video marketing strategy helps to attract more visitors. The online world has seen the explosive growth of video marketing in current days. Videos are an attractive and fun medium used by millions potential travelers around the globe who looking for interesting information put in the eye-catching way.
Video increases traffic to your website, appears in Google search results and on the end of the day helps in developing more sales opportunities.
According to Google study “The Travelers Road to Decision” YouTube is the most used site for travel related videos, with 81% users looking for business travel options and 79% searching for personal travel opportunity.
Consumers look for online videos to help them make decisions. Overall 63% watch videos for personal travel and 66% for business travel. Also many consumers create reviews and upload their own travel videos. Motion pictures are worth a thousand words, and online destination or online hotel videos can help acquire more visitors and as result growth the revenue.
“Visibility is key for the travel industry; because today’s online travelers are much more demanding when it comes to online bookings before fully committing.
Tourism Review online video marketing team offer affordable travel video production for travel and tourism industry promotion as well as an effective tourism video distribution. Please contact our online tourism video team to help you leverage existing travel video assets or create new tourism video assets for effective distribution across multiple video channels.
In Hermanus the southern right whales rule!