- Web Design & Development - Jaydee Media are a strategic Website Design, web development, SEO, social media marketing and online marketing company that applies a results driven approach to everything we do from aesthetics to functionality. We are a strategic web design, website development and online marketing company that applies a results driven approach to everything we do from aesthetics to functionality.
- Social Media Marketing & Training: Gain the social media skills and credentials you need to drive your business.
Get the social media training you need to get started on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+
- Webhosting - Wireless Technologies - The most common wireless technologies use radio. With radio waves distances can be short, such as a few meters for television or as far as thousands or even millions of kilometers for deep-space radio communications.
Accommodation in Gansbaai, Hermanus and Cape Town:
- Online Accommodation bookings in Hermanus with nightsbridge
- Lavender Manor Guest House - Lavender Manor is an owner managed luxury guest house in Hermanus, the heart of the picturesque Cape Whale Coast near Cape Town. Hermanus accommodation at its finest, Lavender Manor offers stunning sea view accommodation and warm, relaxed hospitality that you can afford.
- Whale Coast Hotel - The Whale Coast Hotel offers elegant 4-star accommodation to both leisure and corporate visitors in Hermanus, Western Cape. Our luxury apartments are fully equipped for a stay in unrivaled luxury. Our central location allows for indulgence in the beautiful coastal town as well as exploring the scenic beauty and many adventures it has to offer.
- Hermanus Beach Villa - Hermanus Beach Villa offers luxurious guest house accommodation and was awarded 4-star status by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa. It provides a familiar as well as intimate beach holiday atmosphere with its nine spacious rooms.
- Hermanus Lodge - Hermanus Lodge on the Green is nestled at the foot of the majestic Overberg mountain range and is perfect for exploring all the wonders of Hermanus. We overlook the 25th green of the picturesque Hermanus Golf Club.
- Ocean Eleven Guest House - Ocean Eleven is an olde worlde, Cape Cod, colonial style guesthouse situated on the famous cliffs of Hermanus in South Africa. The picturesque mountains beyond gently embrace the phenomenal, all encompassing vista of the bay. Lavender Manor Guest House - Lavender Manor is an owner-managed.
- Valentines Luxury Self Catering accommodation lies nestled between the expansive Blue Flag Grotto Beach and the majestic Klein River Mountains.
- The independently owned Windsor Hotel and Self Catering Apartments offers affordable accommodation in a prime whale-watching location near the vibrant Old Harbour of Hermanus.
ACTIVITIES: What to See & Do
- Boat Based Whale Watching - Whale Watching near Cape Town in Hermanus. Hermanus Whale Watchers offers boat-based Hermanus whale watching tours from the New Harbour in Hermanus
- Great White Shark Tours - Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai - Join us on a shark cage diving trip and see the Great White Shark up close near Cape Town in South Africa
- Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai - Great White Shark Cage Diving near Hermanus is one of Cape Town's major attractions to experience the thrill of seeing the mighty Great White Shark up close.
- SA Forest Adventures - Quad Biking, Paintball, Treetop sliding. Orange River Rafting SA Forest. Orange River Rafting12. Orange ... Sa Forest Adventures
- Whale watching in Hermanus - Hermanus is known as the land based whale capital of the world, you can see whales frolicking from the winding coastline, observe from the benches along the cliff paths.
- Hermanus Whale Festival where the stars of the show are the Southern Right Whales, near Cape Town in South Africa
- Top Activities in and around Hermanus -Hermanus is teeming with fun-filled activities suited for families, groups and individuals, ranging from land to water to air activities. Hermanus is also known as the best whale watching spot in the world, around the corner at Gansbaai you will find shark cage diving and in the Cape Whale Coast area are many hiking trails through Nature reserves with fynbos and King Proteas.
Tourism and Travel
- Hermanus Online Magazine - Tourism and information site of Hermanus. Accommodation, business, restaurants, information, diary, whales.
- Cape Town Tourism - Cape Town Tourism is the official visitors' website for accommodation, attractions, events and tours in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gansbaai Tourism - The Official Website for Gansbaai Tourism. Find Accommodation & Activities in and around Gansbaai, South Africa.
- Hermanus Tourism - Official site for the Hermanus Tourism burea. View Accommodation in Hermanus, Things to do in Hermanus and Places to eat in Hermanus.
- Cape Whale Coast - Close to the very tip of Africa, just outside Cape Town, you will find the Cape Whale Coast – a place that can easily be called ‘Heaven on Earth’. This pristine stretch of the South African coastline that runs from the coastal hamlet of Rooiels in the west to Quoin Point in the East is flanked by mesmerising mountains and the Atlantic Ocean.
Accommodation South Africa
- De Ark Guest house in Lydenburg - offers visitors an authentic Victorian experience in the historic town of Lydenburg in South Africa, a mere 90 minutes from the Kruger National Park
Vredefort Dome is something for everyone…. For geologists and scientists it is a treasure trove that gives them ready access to the evolutionary history of the earth; for the nature lover the biodiversity of flora and fauna found in the locality will enchant them.
Conservation and Donations:
The Timbavati Foundation is actively involved in the Timbavati enviromental school and various sustainability programmes like conservation, environmental awareness, Community Upliftment, Education and health care in Hoedspruit, South Africa
Articles and Latest News:
- Hermanus Blog - Hermanus, the world's foremost land based whale watching destination, is a thriving holiday resort offering residents and holiday makers all modern amenities, yet retaining its fisherman's village charm. The popular resort town of Hermanus, situated between mountain and sea, has gained world-wide recognition as the world's foremost land based whale watching destination. This has resulted in the former fishing village showing a tremendous growth over the last few years.
- Travel Blog - The best travel stories, holiday ideas, recommendations, accommodation reviews, news and opinions from the Hermanus Online Blog.
- Marine Wildlife Blog - Whales, Sharks, Penguins, Dolphins etc The health of the ocean and marine life are so often taken for granted and due to our increasing numbers and wasteful practices, the ocean appears to be as vulnerable to harm by human activities as any other environmental realm—and maybe even more so based on the severity and scale of the threats we encounter on a daily basis. The Cape Whale Coast in South Africa is a Biodiversity HopeSpot worthy of protection. -
- History & Culture Blog - This gorgeous seaside town has a proud history dating back to the early 1800s when a man by the name of Hermanus Pieters followed a path etched into the ground by a herd of elephants. Hermanus Pieters was a traveling teacher and Sheppard who growing tired of his locality, made the decision to pack up and try somewhere new. He wandered south of Caledon along the elephant trail and ended up next to the sea where he discovered a fresh spring. Hermanus Pieters decided to set up camps here because of this spring and the fine grazing the land provided for his livestock. This beautiful setting became known as Hermanuspietersfontein (directly translated as Hermanus Pieters Fountain).
- Cape Whale Coast Hope Spot — The Cape Whale Coast Hope Spot, which stretches for 200kms from Rooi Els to Quoin Point in the Western Cape, is unique in its combination of rich and abundant biodiversity, spectacular scenery and cultural heritage.
Wine & Dine:
Savannah Cafe in Hermanus - Offering some of the best of Hermanus cuisine, Savannah Café is a great choice for a laid-back lunch or late breakfast but also serving burgers and meatier options for the more hungry. All the dishes on our healthy, cosmopolitan menu are prepared with fresh ingredients sourced locally. You will be spoiled for choice with an extensive breakfast menu and the barista can brew a pretty good cuppachino.
- Hermanus Business Chamber - is a non-profitable independent Business Organisation with four key goals: Networking, Representation, Assistance and Development.
- Hermanus Hearing with Olivia Kotze as an Audiologist provide hearing tests and hearing aids.
- Wings Online Fashion, an online clothing shop in South Africa for Women and men Fashion.
- Foto First in Hermanus is the leading premier photographic retail franchise in South Africa, specializing in high quality photographic printing.
- Hermanus Telephone Directory
- Hermanus Business Directory
- Video | Film Production: People love stories. Story-telling is second nature to most people and if you think about it... A picture speaks a thousand word – a moving one speaks a million!
- Wedding Video Production - specializing in wedding videography, we travel anywhere... Serving Hermanus, Overberg, the Western Cape, and the rest of South Africa. We travel anywhere. We cover your wedding from your preparation, arrival at church service to your reception. The toasts, a toss of your bouquet, your first dance with the groom.
- Video Transfer to DVD Service - Let us transfer your video tapes to the latest digital formats for you to share with friends and family for generations to come.
- Watermark Quality Irrigation has been in business since 1998. We are irrigation!
Social Media Links:
Oftentimes digital files are the desired format for website, electronic delivery, editing or archival purposes. Photos, slides, film, and video tape can all be converted into a lossless digital format. We do file conversions for associations, schools, libraries, museums, producers, editors, and consumers. Whether you need a video file converted for online or broadcast use, a camera file converted to video, a slide or photo collection scanned and put on a data DVD or beta tapes captured to an external hardrive; we provide digital file conversion for all purposes. Send us your collection and we'll help with the archival process. We can also inventory large collections for a quote and recommend the best end file format.
Here are a couple standard video formats requested:
AVI – A common format for customers who want to edit their footage on PC.
MPEG – For customers who want to author their own DVD, we can convert your footage to MPEG files delivered on a disc.
MPEG 2 and MPEG4 – DVD and web compression.
Flash for web use.
Quick Time (.mov) - this is a very versatile format as it can be built in a variety of sizes for many different end uses.
Here are a couple standard still image formats requested:
JPEG – For pictures with small-average print sizes and for DVD slideshows.
PNG – great for working in layered photo editing programs, broadcast, and web.
TIFF – Higher resolution capability for large and over-size prints.
Jaydee Media puts you in the "Director's Chair".
Jaydee Media's editing equipment gives you a choice of simple or advanced video editing. Video editing service for Corporate, Business, Events and personal projects. Our video editing facilities allow us to provide a fast turnaround and high quality end product. Our skilled editors will work on your project to ensure that the end result meets your expectations and final delivery standards. We can lighten dark video, darken light video, and add proffessional special color effects. Want your video to look like the pros?
We can accommodate both High Definition editing, Standard Definition editing and combined media video editing workflow with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere. Editing platforms includes sound corrections, color grading, color correction and standard or advance filters.
Our editing projects includes and are not limited to:
- Conferences and Seminars
- Promotional Videos
- Charity Events
- Educational and Training Videos
- Youtube, Web/Internet Videos and Web Commercials
- Safety and Training Videos, presentations, interviews, charity events, educational videos, web commercials, promotional videos, You Tube videos.
Video Editing for Personal Projects.
- Wedding Video / DVD
- School Event video / DVD
- Family Videos
Our Service include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Graphics
- Menus, Chapter Makers & Motion Menus
- Slow Motion clips, Colour Correction
- Special Effects, Picture in Picture, Transitions, etc
- 3D Logos & Animation
Equipment and Software:
APPLE iMAC / APPLE Macbook Pro
Final Cut Studio Pro:
- Final Cut Pro
- Soundtrack Pro
- Motion & Colour
- DVD Studio Pro's
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
Email us today for free no obligation quote!
Filmmaking is the process of making a film, from an initial story idea or commission through scriptwriting, shooting, editing and finally distribution to DVD.
Filmmaking also takes place outside of the studio system and is commonly called independent filmmaking. Since the introduction of DV technology, the means of production have become more democratized. Filmmakers can conceivably shoot and edit a movie, create and edit the sound and music, and mix the final cut on a home computer.
Stages of Filmmaking:
The chronology of a film is conventionally divided into stages:
- Development. The script (storyboard) is written and drafted into a workable blueprint for the project (video - promo, training, event, etc)
- Pre-production. Preparations are made for the shoot, in which cast and crew are hired, locations are selected, and sets are built.
- Production. The filming (shooting) of scenes.
- Post-production. The film is edited; dialog is concurrently edited, music tracks are composed, sound effects are digital added; and any other computer-graphic 'visual' effects are digitally added,